10 Things to Do After a Break Up
2. Process- Take some down time to let your body heal and feel the pain, sadness and/or anger that you are feeling. These feelings are natural and you need to process all of these emotions.
3. Decompress- Let your mind and body heal. Take some time just to relax and let yourself get over the feelings that are completely natural that you are having after a break up.
4. Sleep- you will need to get plenty of rest. When you are upset and sad, if you have not slept, these emotions become exaggerated. You will feel down, but not getting enough sleep is just going to make it so much worse.
5. Get out of your house- After a break up you need to get out of your house and get out into the world. Being cooped up in your house will only make you more depressed and force you to continue to focus on the break up instead of focusing on life around you.
6. Exercise – After a break up it is very healthy and necessary to find some sort of exercise to do. Exercising helps you to release endorphins which will make you feel better. Find any type of exercise to do. Whether you like jogging, weightlifting, walking, swimming or riding a bike, any of these exercises will do. Just do something and start moving.
7. Eat healthy – Although you may want to reach for the worst junk food after a break up, try to steer yourself in a healthy direction and make healthy food choices. Your body and your waistline will thank you for it. You can always go for a couple scoops of ice cream, just don’t eat the whole gallon.
8. Call your friends – This is the time to reach out to your friends and let them know that you need their support and ask them to lend an ear. Let them know that you are upset and will need to lean on them for a while until you are eventually feeling better.
9. Seek support – Whether you reach out to a psychologist or to Broken Heart Rehab, seeking the help of a professional or a coach may be an option that you want to explore.
10. Stay positive – Although after a breakup is very easy to slip into a negative frame of mind, do yourself a favor and try and stay as positive as possible. Many people after a break up find their Mr. or Mrs. Right and realized that the breakup was exactly what they needed in order to find the person they were meant to be with in the long run.
- by Broken Heart Rehab
- posted at 11:03 am
- October 14, 2013